27th SGIFF: SG Originals | Developing Screenplays in Singapore
DEVELOPING SCREENPLAYS IN SINGAPORE
CO-ORGANISED WITH NANG MAGAZINE
27 NOV 2016, SUN / 3.00PM / 90MIN
IMPORTANT TICKETING INFORMATION BELOW
The art and craft of screenwriting is one of the most little understood aspects of filmmaking. How does a writer go from an idea for a story into a fully developed screenplay that is ready for shoot? For this panel, we sit down with four experienced screenwriters, including three writer-directors, to focus on the creative process that takes place before the cameras start to roll, and explore the painstaking process of creating a film on the page. Given that most of the knowledge and literature around screenwriting originates from Hollywood, we will also be discussing screenwriting in relation to Singapore and Asia.
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS
Ken Kwek is the writer and director of Unlucky Plaza. He is also the writer of Glen Goei’s The Blue Mansion, as well as co-writer of both Kelvin Tong’s Kidnapper and It's a Great, Great World.
Wong Kim Hoh is the co-writer of Eric Khoo’s Be With Me and My Magic.
Boo Junfeng is the writer-director of Sandcastle and Apprentice.
Sanif Olek is the director and co-writer of Sayang Disayang.
ABOUT NANG MAGAZINE
NANG is an English-language 10-issue magazine, which covers cinema and cinema cultures in the Asian world with passion and insight. Published twice a year over a period of five years, each and every issue of NANG will be structured around a specific theme, and created in collaboration with a unique group of guest editors and contributors based both within and outside Asia.
• A fully refundable fee of $5 will be charged for each ticket booking. Register and turn up for the event. If you turn up, the booking fee will be refunded by Peatix electronically, otherwise, it will be forfeited.
• Seats are issued on a first-come-first-served basis (free seating arrangement).
• Registration will close on 27 Nov 2016, 9am. Any cancellations must be made before the ticket cut-off date and time, otherwise your registration will be locked-in.
• The refund will be handled by the credit card company of the credit card used to purchase the tickets. The refund process will vary depending on the cut-off date of the credit card.
• Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date: The refund process will be handled in the current month so no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund will appear separately on the credit card statement.
• Should the refund process be done after the credit card cut-off date: The payment of the ticket order will be processed. Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice.
Note: Peatix are unable to look up cut-off dates of credit cards. Peatix accepts VISA, MasterCard and AMEX.
LINKS TO OTHER MASTERCLASSES:
- ANURAG KASHYAP
- DARREN ARONOFSKY
- FRUIT CHAN
- DARREN ARONOFSKY
- HERMAN YAU
- NAOMI KAWASE
- TRAN ANH HUNG
LINKS TO OTHER TALKS:
- CINEMA LEGEND: SIMON YAM
- THE ROAD TO MANDALAY
- MUTATING MYTHOLOGIES - HYBRID CINEMA OF LATIN AMERICA
- ACTORS UNSCRIPTED WITH JACK NEO
- ELEVATING YOUR STORY THROUGH SOUND DESIGN
- EXPLORING VR360 IN SHORT FILMS
- FUTURE OF CINEMA FORUM
- The event description was updated. Diff#206386 2016-11-10 04:33:52
3:00 PM - 4:30 PM SGT
- *SCAPE Gallery (Level 5), 2 Orchard Link, Singapore 237978
Free Seating (Refundable) SOLD OUT $5.00
- Venue Address
- *SCAPE Gallery (Level 5), 2 Orchard Link, Singapore 237978 Singapore